Some people like to release their software with an open source license. This page has some information about open source licenses.
If a fact is wrong, please correct. If you have a opinion that isn't represented here, please add your view.
GNU Lesser General Public License
GNU General Public License
Some parts of the D community that are open source:
- The license for DMD's front end is open source ( D 1.x, D 2.x). (dual licensed: GPL or Artistic)
- This wiki is covered by the FreeDocumentationLicense.
- OpenSource.org Licenses
- SourceForge.net license overview
- Open Source Licenses Comparison Grid
- Categories of Free and Non-Free Software